Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Ayla in the window

Today the weather is really beautiful so I opened up a bunch of windows to air out the apartment. When I opened the bedroom window, I noticed Ayla getting up and sniffing the air. She edged slowly towards the window and was about to jump in it when the Doofi beat her to it. I was so miffed. You see, I haven't seen Ayla voluntarily go into a window in well over a year. She tends to prefer lounging in the sunbeams on the bed. So, I kicked Monkee out of the window and put Ayla in his spot. She seemed so happy. Her eyesight isn't great but she was sniffing and enjoying all the scents. She didn't stay long but it was nice to see her enjoying an open window for the first time in a very, very long time.

1 comment:

Shaggy and Scout said...

Awww, what a neat mind picture that made for me. She's a neat old gal! sss's mom