Friday, June 15, 2007

A little scare

The Mom -

Last night I really wanted to spend some time with Ayla when I got home from work. I got her out of the laundry basket and put her on my pillow to lavishly give her attention. That's when I noticed blood dripping out of her mouth. Of course I freaked but the Dad reminded that the vet said this could happen. "Remember that he had to punch a hole in her jaw to get the biopsy." Ugh. I just picked her up and cuddled her and started crying. I know the Dad keeps telling me to prepare for the worst but why does this have to happen to her? She is such a good girl and has been one of the best companions. I just hate seeing her having to go through this sort of stuff. No she's not suffering but she had to endure the testing and surgery which can't be fun. I just want her to be happy and healthy.

The bleeding did stop. It really wasn't a lot. Just a few drops. I'm just glad she's taking this better than me. She was purring and enjoying all the pets and huggles. This just isn't fair.

1 comment:

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Purrs for Ayla. Purrs for The Mom. We think The Mom might need purrs the most. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr.